Translate

Friday, February 3, 2017

The ever-experimenting Amy Grief!

Amy has branched out with her experiments using clay paste resist.  In the top photo, she has used the resist paste on two canvas covered boards which were dipped in indigo when dry.   The two small square pieces are actually canvas on magnets that were stenciled with resist paste then dyed in indigo.  The bottom two are clay clay paste resist stenciled onto stretched canvas on wood frames.  All accepted indigo differently, and all ended up a soft indigo blue after washing off the clay resist.

 

Amy's fascination with clay resist paste and stitching has helped her create some lovely fabrics for her quilting and sewing projects! 

3 comments:

  1. just lovely-I haven't been to visit your blog in some time now-you always inspire me-thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you came to visit! Come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,I am Malorie
    I love you have paission made those bueatiful and nature art.
    Would you like to be my interview artists in my thesis research?

    I am a graduate student majoring in industrial design at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, CA. I am working on my thesis project creating an exhibition space that is socially stimulating and educational for people who appreciate and make handcrafted art. It is an opportunity for professional artists to show their art work and teach people who want to learn their skills. Freelance and amateur artists will be able to work individually or make large pieces together and share the working space. This is not just a thesis project, it is preparation for my future career.

    How do you think about my project?
    Could you answer some questions for me?



    I look forward to receive your comment.
    Thanks,
    Malorie Kuo
    E-mail: 2miaolunk4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete