Translate

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Bits and Pieces!

I am writing this post to show what can be done with just Bits and Pieces of fabrics.  It is kind of a predecessor to my next blog post.  I helped teach a 4-H Summer camp on quilting, and gave each student a small paper bag to tape to the table in front of their sewing machine. It was meant to hold the little scraps of cloth not used after trimming their blocks during construction.  I was amazed to find how much fabric had been thrown away when the class had ended.  I created these blocks with the scrap pieces from the bags to show them how much farther they could have gone with just a little effort and with using their imagination.    The next post will show two resist techniques on small pieces of fabrics.  Many students thought their samples were not worth much, but I assured them that using a design like this quilt, they could turn their seemingly worthless trials into something beautiful.  First, the quilt top (it is filled and basted, ready to be hand quilted "in the ditch".



No comments:

Post a Comment