Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Big Thank You!

I want to extend a big Thank You to the Florida Native Plant Society for having me as their guest speaker last night.  It is a pleasure to present a program when you know every person in the room is interested in what you are saying.  It also helps to have someone listening who understands binomial nomenclature.  It saves a lot of double talking.  You know you are on the right path when there are lots of questions that lead into more information being given.  This group was doubly wonderful because their principles and goals parallel those of the Natural Dyers:  education, conservation, sustainability and regionalism.  Their warm reception just opened up the flood gates, and information flowed that I had forgotten that I knew.  It was funny to find myself answering questions that I had been asking myself.  Thanks again for a great evening.  And thank you also for your kind words about my work.

5 comments:

  1. just found your blog and wanted to say how much i like it, though i wish your photos were larger! you've done some very interesting work (i especially like th eprints on paper) and i will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Velma. This is the largest size that blogger will let me post. I would love to show them larger so the detail could be seen. Stop back anytime. I am about to post my new experiments with pignut hickory, (Carya glabra).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Russian Здравствуйте. Я делаю первые шаги в эко покраске.Набрала разных листиков, добавила ржавого железа и варила пол часа. Но получилось очень бледно. Хочу найти где-то книгу или инструкцию по покраске.

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, you're a star. Wish I were there. Your expertise is a great takeaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks you, Tatiana & Terriea. Tatiana, you may purchase India Flint's book Eco Colour. It has great instructions. It is however, in English. You may have someone nearby who can translate for you. I recommend not opening your bundles quickly. The longer you leave, them, the better your prints may be. Try for a week at first then try longer. Do not cook too long, or you can destroy color.

    ReplyDelete